Project Engineer (PE) provides direct support for bidding functions, project management and construction supervision efforts. The Project Engineer assists in management and coordination of all submittal, cost control, scheduling, reporting, and document control activities through all phases of the project. The individual is also required to interface with the client and project architect to establish and maintain solid communication, ensuring needs are met and satisfaction achieved.
This position provides complete project life-cycle exposure as the PE is involved in all aspects of the project including preconstruction, construction and post construction activities.
- Budget preliminary documents, solicit bids, perform estimates and takeoffs, assist in scope review
- Coordinate and distribute new and/or updated drawings and specifications
- Develop and update project schedules, as required
- Assist in generating value engineering alternatives, where appropriate
- Prepare submittal log in accordance with the project schedule and specifications
- Monitor and expedite submittals in accordance with the submittal log and project requirements
- Research, transmit and monitor RFI’s (Request for Information)
- Issue management
- Maintain and update status reports as required
- Attend and document project meetings
- Manage general correspondence, as required
- Manage close out process
Qualifications & Experience
Candidates should be pursuing a 4-year construction-related degree from an accredited university and have a working knowledge of construction techniques, drawings and specifications, and building materials. Proficiency with construction related software is a plus. Candidates should be detailed-oriented, able to function in a fast-paced environment and be prepared to interface with all members of the project team.